Happy Sunday to you all.
I feel like I’m vibing super high today with all the women’s empowerment energy gracing this planet over the weekend.
It really is the time to rise, to use our gifts, to use our voices in ways that are right to us to help change this world for the better. To help all human beings have human rights and equal rights. To stand up for those who can’t speak out. To make this world into a peaceful place. To take down the patriarchy that has been the source of so much hate, oppression and pain. The energy of it all feels really powerful, peaceful, inspiring and uplifting!
Anyway. Female empowerment intro over… I am introducing a new kind of post today. There are various articles, podcasts and what not that I read during the week and I feel like it is a good idea to share some of my favourites. Sharing information can help others find things they may not otherwise have found that they could benefit from.
Calling it the favourite five from the week sounds funny to me as it sounds like a title straight from Enid Blyton… Yet I don’t think the name is very important, just the sharing of the helpful information.
The post could share articles, blog posts, recipes, podcasts etc and will be from the week just gone or an article/blog/podcast that I happened to have read/listened to in the week just gone that could be from any time in the past…
So without further ado… My favourite five this week…
- WTF is health? Nobody knows, but I can tell you what it isn’t – From Sarah Vance (who I discovered in the last few weeks and think her and her work are amazing).
- Feminism and Anxiety: How the Movement Changed My Relationship With My Mental Health – From Ally Boguhn (this article is a few years old, but has some gold in it).
- Respecting Your Natural Body Size and Healthy Living Blogs – From Kylie Mitchell on The Finding Body Freedom Podcast with the lovely Caitlin.
- My Path To Becoming An Eating Disorder Dietitian – From the lovely Kylie again. (Kylie opens her heart and shares a part of her soul in this not to miss read).
- The Mind Body Connection: How to Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Body – From one of my favourite bloggers/writers Laura Agar Wilson.
There are a few more podcasts or articles from the week I loved, but I am going to keep it to five each week. We all have busy lives and I respect your time. We all need to be selective with what we read and how much information we take in each week, so we don’t become overloaded with information. When we become too overloaded with information and reading others work, we can sometimes get sidetracked from our own voices and purpose and it can be overwhelming.
It is marvellous and wonderful to have amazing information and work at our fingertips, but sometimes we can take that energy and thoughts as our own. So make sure you take time to get still each day and listen to your own voice and energy :). It is wonderful to be inspired by people and learn from people, but we have to remember we have our own gifts, talents, voices, thoughts, opinions and work to do in this world that is unique to us and our story that we don’t want to miss.
I hope you enjoy your Sunday and you are all having a wonderful weekend! I’ll be back in again tomorrow with some exciting and BIG news 🙂
What are some of your favourite articles or podcasts from the week?