Hello and a Happy Monday to you all.
I was supposed to get this post up yesterday but I was too tired from a weekend camping that I decided to get an early night instead. We headed down to Jervis Bay for a weekend camping with Johnny’s brother and their friends. It was really great to get back into nature. Jervis Bay has the most stunning beaches and water. The sand is super white and the water is like you are on a tropical island. I have to say though I am still not sure if I am a camping gal… I mean I loveeee being in nature, but I just cannot get comfy in the tent. J’s brother had a mansion tent with a blow up double bed and all the good stuff. But we have a tiny tent that is light so that we can take it hiking and camp overnight in ze willlldnerness. Me and the J man decided we need to invest in a holidaying tent that is bigger and can have a blow up bed and be comfy, and then have our little light weight one for hiking and one night stays that break up hikes… Anyway this is totally a first world problem and it makes me feel super grateful that I have the privilege of a roof over my head and a comfy bed to sleep on.
Speaking of world problems. WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD. This blog is not a political place, but learning to love your self in a world that profits from your insecurities, the rise of the divine feminine and letting go of diet culture is rather political. I also feel like it isn’t always called for to get involved in another countries politics. However, when a countries politics affects the whole world and goes against core human values and morals, it is essential we all stand up and fight for what is right. So I just want to say that I am shocked at what Trump is doing with his various new orders. I am still figuring out how I can help directly with it all but I know that you can donate to the American Civil Liberties Union as well as attend various protests that might be coming up.
Now, politics aside…
Let’s get to some reads from the week just gone:
- Five Ways To Rebel Against Society’s Body Standards – from Becca Clegg on Recovery Warriors blog.
- What is Your Disordered Eating Making you Miss Out on? – Another brilliant article from Kylie (I honestly love this girl and her blog). Make sure to read the comments too.
- Thai Salad with Peanut Tempeh – from Minimalist Baker. Oh Em Drool. This recipe look so so good. Peanut anything is pretty amazing, but these photos make this dish look super appetising!
- Korean Beef Bibimbap – from the lovely Jemma at Celery and Cupcakes. I am not a big meat person (not because it is “bad” or “unhealthy”, just a personal preference), but this dish looks really delicious and flavourful, and a different kind of dish to make for dinner.
- The Spiritual Dimensions of Recovering From an Eating Disorder: Transforming Suffering and Finding New Sources of Meaning – from Michelle Lelwica at Psychology Today. This article really resonated with me. I feel that one of the reasons disordered eating behaviours can be so prevalent are that we are searching for something to quench a spiritual hunger that can never be satisfied with food and food behaviours. Obviously this is not the case for everyone and this will not resonate with some people, but it may help some one else reading this blog.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that your week is off to a good start. And if you are a sensitive soul who is feeling all the feels with what is happening in this world, then I see you and am sending you some love and light. Let us try and stay aligned to love and light as much as we can in these testing times 🙂